It has legitimately been weeks since I’ve even thought about my goals. Going to London got me out of the habit! But one day last week as I was driving to work, blasting the radio, and looking at the sunrise, I got the sudden urge to be my best self– which I had lost before.
I’m considering kind of re-vamping how I’m going to go about my weekly goals. I don’t know that I’ll fit each of my goals into my four categories (get into shape, reconnect with friends, express how I’m feeling, keep a positive attitude) like I did before because I don’t want to limit myself. I will definitely still have goals for those categories, though.
Until I have a good idea of how I want my goals posts to be thought out and organized, they’ll probably be sort of a mess… forgive me.
So here goes…
This week I want to:
1. Go to Spinning 3 times. I haven’t been to spinning since before I went to London and I miss it so much.
2. Run once, for as long as I can. I haven’t tried to run in forever, and I want to see where I am in terms of mileage and pace. I want to be able to easily run a 5k by the time Mark comes home, so I have about 9 weeks.
3. Go outside of my comfort zone at work. I’m terrible at speaking up, asking questions, and talking to people who I’m not familiar with at work. This makes it kind of hard to do my job. So I want to take one risk a day at work– not even a risk, really, just do one thing that makes me uncomfortable.
4. Hang out with my mom. And not in my usual “I don’t feel like hanging out with friends so I’ll go hang out with my mom” way.
5. Look nice every day. I am fortunate enough to have a job where I can roll out of bed, put on sweatpants, and go to work. However, I whole-heartedly believe that how you look affects how you feel. I know that if I am confident in my appearance, even if only because I put on makeup, I will be in a better mood.
I feel like five goals is a good round number, and even though there are other things I want to accomplish, they can wait till next week.
Good luck with your goals this week, and I’ll be checking in throughout the week to let you know how it’s going!